The Peñon of Ifach, clean and quiet beaches, beautiful coves, high cliffs, valleys and mountain that overlook the sea, a pleasant climate, warn and friendly treatment of its people… pure Mediterranean. It is an open city to the tourism that blends with the fishing village, proud of its past. It’s smell of the sea, the soft sand of its beaches, the typical sailor streets, and the majestic.
- Calpe is an ancient fishing port full of culture and history.
- The Peñon de Ifach a huge rock that looks like Gibraltar is one of Calpe’s most famous landmarks. It is a nature reserve with a wide range of birds and plants.
- Museum of Archaeology is the place for exhibits of excavations from in and around Calpe. A colourful collection of elaborated fiesta costumes that was worn by the Moors and Christians chiefs and their ladies can be found in the Festival museum.
- The footprint of ancient civilization are present in the archaeological ruins of the Iberians, Los Baños de la Reina dating back to the Roman period, or the Vila Ifac founded in s.XIII. Today, Calpe maintains the Torreó de la Peça, the picturesque arable and the old church, which contrast with the cultural centre Jaume Pastor I Fluixá or the geometric building designed by architect Ricardo Bofill.
- Besides the marine character of Calpe it can also be found in the traditional port and La lonja which hosts one of the most attractive and visited activities: the fish auction using these products to develop dishes like “la llauna” or the “arròs del senyoret”
- Calpe offers a wide variety of all types of accommodation for the traveller of today. All from apartment rentals to large modern hotels.
- The airport of El Altet (Alicante) and Manises (Valencia) located at 76 and 135km respectively from Calpe can connect with the main capitals through national and International flights. Road communications is the main AP-7 (exits 63 and 64) and the N-332. Also you can arrive by train from Alicante or Denia through the narrow railway and the regular bus service, with wide schedule, Calp links with the cities of Valencia, Alicante, Madrid and Barcelona.
- A mere half hour drive from Calpe towards the north lays the VergelSafari Park.
- There are many local fiestas held in Calpe throughout the year. Not to forget the German October fest. There a various big Spanish fiestas during the summer: San Juan the 24th of June. Virgen Del Carmen the 16th of July and many more. The streets become a riot of colour and the stage for a musical show of bands, processions, parades and fireworks.